Warranty Friendly Mods

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warranty Friendly Mods

While I'd love to squeeze everything I can out of my ATS-V, I don't want to compromise my warranty.

Which mods are warranty friendly while delivering a decent return on investment?

I'm new here, so pardon me if this has been previously discussed.

Originally posted by bozzchem View Post
    While I'd love to squeeze everything I can out of my ATS-V, I don't want to compromise my warranty.

Which mods are warranty friendly while delivering a decent return on investment?

We'll be doing a story on this very soon actually. The OEM calibration is pretty stingy in trying to restrict power, but we've got a few tricks up our sleeve. Stay tuned. Simple things to help the car make more power are air supply and cooling mods like our Triple X cooling kit.

Comment

Originally posted by bozzchem View Post

I like that...................Warranty Friendly Mods.

There is no such thing anymore. If you read Cadillac's Warranty Booklet you will see that any modification to any electrical or mechanical system will void that portion of your warranty.

You cannot hide altering the code on the ECU/ECM.

If you have your ATS-V tuned and you bring it in for engine warranty or transmission work it is very easy for the Cadillac tech to tell if you have had a pro tune.

Some tuners claim that you can strip off the tune and replace it with the stock tune for warranty work. You can but it is very easy for any Cadillac tech to pick up on that fact too.

All the owners who have posted their pro tune RWHP/RTRQ numbers have absolute monsters on the road now but they have lost their entire 6yr. / 70,000 mile powertrain warranty.

But....you have to pay if you want to play.

Comment

Originally posted by PapaV View Post

I like that...................Warranty Friendly Mods.

There is no such thing anymore. If you read Cadillac's Warranty Booklet you will see that any modification to any electrical or mechanical system will void that portion of your warranty.

You cannot hide altering the code on the ECU/ECM.

If you have your ATS-V tuned and you bring it in for engine warranty or transmission work it is very easy for the Cadillac tech to tell if you have had a pro tune.

Some tuners claim that you can strip off the tune and replace it with the stock tune for warranty work. You can but it is very easy for any Cadillac tech to pick up on that fact too.

All the owners who have posted their pro tune RWHP/RTRQ numbers have absolute monsters on the road now but they have lost their entire 6yr. / 70,000 mile powertrain warranty.

But....you have to pay if you want to play.
        Look for low hanging fruit. There's no way your warranty can be voided for the air filter mod nor mods to the exhaust system.

I agree about the ECU/ECM mod. Do that and you REALLY own the car.

Comment

Working...
        X