Full 3" exhaust done on ATS V - GO PRO ACTION TIME

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full 3" exhaust done on ATS V - GO PRO ACTION TIME

Had the downpipes redone in 3" into a 3" x pipe and used a dual valved exhaust compatible with the GM active exhaust actuators. The sound is incredible and you can really hear the blow off valves whistle now too! Don't mind the Go Pro getting some wind haha

Last edited by WEAPON-X; 10-05-2015, 03:49 PM.

Awesome! It sounds much healthier!

Have you dynoed it with the full exhaust? If so, what are the results?

Comment

• WEAPON-X
      WEAPON-X commented
      Editing a comment
      I haven't had it back on since the first week. I picked up 46whp just removing some of the nannies but HP Tuners didn't support all the PIDs needed then. They've since added more and I've been street tuning but my new dyno isn't here yet and I haven't had time to get back on S&M's. It's making 18psi now with a full 3" exhaust and the throttle is staying wide open so it feels viciously fast!

Sounds good brother!

Comment

Come on Ben go and get us some dyno numbers! I'm strongly considering parting ways with my V2 in favor of one of these bad boys.

Comment

Have you been able to get back on S&M's dyno? If so, what did it dyno with the full exhaust?

Comment

• WEAPON-X
          WEAPON-X commented
          Editing a comment
          I will actually be back on the dyno Tuesday. I haven't been back since, just street tuning but I ran and beat a V2 coupe client of mine at Edgewater last weekend. It was a fun race, he treed me so we were neck and neck the whole way down. I recorded it on the PDR and I didn't realize it audio taped the inside and you can hear me laughing afterwards because I thought it was such a cool race.

I will put the OEM tune and intake back on and dyno that way and then load my tune back up and get back to that to see where it stands now. This is by far the most complicated OS I've seen, way more so than the E92 PCM in my C7. Dual MAPs, dual MAFs, separate baro, vacuum actuated boost control, the turbos can make a TON of power as the WG duty cycle is pretty low but HP Tuners does not have any user defined PIDs to log the AFR (I have dual widebands in) and I can't adjust the VE table properly either. So, I'm limited with just how far I can push it without fudging it. I am not a fan of relying on meth to supplement fuel either. I ran it in my V2 for awhile and it's just one more thing to keep an eye on.

Originally posted by Albano View Post
        Come on Ben go and get us some dyno numbers! I'm strongly considering parting ways with my V2 in favor of one of these bad boys.
        I freakin' love this car so far. For it being the same weight as my C7, it feels so much more nimble... obviously way more so than the V2. The V2 is obviously bigger of course, but my V2 sedan back seat is full of roll bars and I got a coupe because I don't use the back seat. So, the front has plenty of room for me.

Comment

Any updates?!

Comment

Are these similar to the Billy boat mufflers used on the C7 vettes?? When will they be available?

Comment

Originally posted by Hgt1 View Post
              Are these similar to the Billy boat mufflers used on the C7 vettes?? When will they be available?
              yes they are but they're pricey. working on a less exp option

Comment

Looking forward to it. Keep us posted

Comment

Looking forward to seeing cat-back options being released for this car. I called Corsa yesterday to see if they have anything and the person I spoke with told me that they didn't and had no immediate plans to produce anything for the ATS-V. Seems a little strange to me considering they make a cat-back for the CTS-V Sport which is a great car, but not the same in terms of being a true performance car.

Comment

WEAPON-X I'm still learning a lot of things about exhaust but you're saying that you have your 3" exhaust into the stock mufflers that are on the car? And any dyno number yet?

Comment

Oh and will we eventually be able to purchase this from you guys? http://atsvracing.myshopify.com/coll...pes-and-x-pipe

Comment

• WEAPON-X
                        WEAPON-X commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yes in the middle of the shop move now, but should have the jigs set back up within a couple more weeks! Flanges are already CNC'ed so we just need to get the piping done. Did you want the high flow catted version or not?

• Maestro
                        Maestro commented
                        Editing a comment
                        As of now Weapon-X I don't have the car yet, but I got a good deal available at the dealership. If I end up going through with it, I'll definitely be checking in on you guys for some pipes and intakes. I'd probably have to ship it somewhere to get tuned properly too. But this is all riding on a big "IF" as of now, I'm a big time ATS-V fan. Good to know that they'll be available at some time. Thanks.
                    Working...
                    X