Audio Mods

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audio Mods

While the stock CUE sound system is better than average, it's not really what I'm used to.

Has anyone already been through the process of adding subs/amps, replacing speakers, adding a sound processor that will play nice with CUE when adding aftermarket audio equipment, etc?

Here is what I've put together so far and would appreciate feedback if audio is your thing:

Processor: Audio Control DQ-61 OEM Sound Processor

Subs: JL Audio CS210LG-TW1 PowerWedge™ sealed enclosure with two 10" TW1 subwoofers

Sub amp: JL Audio XD600/1v2 Mono subwoofer amplifier — 600 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms

Front components: JL Audio ZR650-CSi 6-1/2" Evolution ZR Series 2-way Component Speakers System

Front component amp: XD200/2 - JL Audio 2-Channel 200W Class D XD Series Amplifier

Rear - Nothing. I want a front soundstage. All stock speakers not replaced by the components will be rendered inoperable.

bozzchem I just read your post and your list will be a replacement similar to my CTS-V coupe where the JL Audio ZR650 was my front stage with 2 JL Audio 10w6v3 subwoofers in a sealed box. The ZR components sound great, but I prefer the sound of a Focal tweeter. I just wrapped up my ATS-V sedan and am happy with it.

Integration: JL Audio FiX-86
    Front Stage: Focal ES 165 K2
    Rear Stage: JL Audio ZR650-CSi
    Component Amplifier: JL Audio XD400/4v2 - in place temporarily while my JL Audio HD600/4 is with JL being repaired
    Subwoofer: JL Audio HO112-W6v3
    Subwoofer Amplifier: JL Audio HD750/1

The JL FiX and HD600/4 will be replaced by a Mosconi D2 100.4 DSP when it arrives after the holiday. The ZR tweeters easily overpower the Focal and I will probably box the ZR's up for a future application or sale and replace with another set of Focal.

I'll follow up with pics soon.

Comment

I'd love to see some pics!

I haven't pulled the trigger yet since I can't convince myself of the best way to go.

I've already changed my mind on the sub box. I'll either go with the JL Audio CS210G-TW3 (dual 10" TW3) or the CS210G-W6v3 (dual 10" W6v3) box.

The sub amp will be the JL Audio HD750/1 or the HD1200/1 depending upon which sub box I go with.

I'm still debating on the speakers. I do prefer metal (aluminum/titanium) tweeters though.

Did you do the install yourself? I'm curious about your choice of the Mosconi DSP. Did it integrate well with the CUE?
      Last edited by bozzchem; 03-06-2017, 08:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X